Monday, November 12, 2018

Day 28: A Formula


Montana + Travel = Exhaustion

This weekend I drove to Libby, the place I spent my high school years.  Well, I spent other years and summers there as well.  My family comes from the area.  I love the mountains, rivers, and lakes.  Exhaustion does hit, due to the very long drive.  On a good day with no breaks, I could get there in four and a half hours.  However, my truck always needs more gas, and I need bathroom and stretch breaks.  The trip usually takes five hours.  Coming home, my sister and I traveled together.  I followed her to Missoula.  We stopped for our last meal together.  This added another hour.  I will say though that we lucked out.  Traveling in the fall through spring, the trip can take a much longer amount of time because of road conditions.  We only hit a bad fifteen mile stretch north of Missoula where we went our separate ways.  I slowed down on the snow covered pass which takes me down into Helena.  But all in all, the drive went well.  I am tired this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...