Monday, August 19, 2019

Day 304: Empty Nesting





Yesterday, Jerry dropped Madelle off in Belgrade on his way back from Wyoming.  We found ourselves in the house all alone.  I don't think this has happened in at least four years.  Looking at each other, we wondered what couples did on a Sunday, alone.  Thinking back to before kids, I realized we were poor and probably didn't do much.  But, what do you do when you have money?

We ran an errand to the pet store for dog food.  Exciting stuff there!  I thought of running to Butte for dinner, but after all his travel, I just thought he wouldn't want to.  When he got into the pickup, he turned to me, "Butte?"  He can still read my mind.  And off we went.

I have never looked down over the pit area with not water.  We drove up the mountain and looked at the monument for all the men who died through 1983 or 85.  I was humbled by all the names that sacrificed so much.  My baby sister works in the mine south of Columbus.  I don't worry much about her because I trust she will be fine, but the monument gave me pause.  I read some notes that a miner wrote to his wife while stuck underground.  He died right before the crew dug him out.  Sad.  We also stopped and looked over the pit lake.  For some reason, the mining intrigues me.  I may write about it sometime.

We finished the little mini trip at the Metals Bank which has been turned into a sports bar.  I had...pasties.  It was an appetizer, three little ones.  I have one left over for lunch.  Yum.  I loved the simply little outing with my hubby.  Sure, we go on our dates, but this was longer.  He is just so fun to hang out with.  I think we will do just fine as empty nesters, though we still have a few more years before I will be missing my girl permanently.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...