Saturday, August 24, 2019

Day 309: A Clean House


How clean is your house right now?



Not at all!!!  I have become a terrible housewife.  Cleaning is super low on my list of to do's for the day.  I would love to blame that on my autoimmune diseases, but I have been this way for a very long time.  I believe there are more important things in life then a clean house.  My writing comes before cleaning.  Doing things with friends and family comes before cleaning.  Really, everything, including my need to rest, all comes before cleaning.  Now, if people are coming over or if the house gets too bad, I do clean like crazy.  And I do try to do things throughout the week.  However, things come up.

Take yesterday for example.  I planned to spend the entire day finishing the last two to three thousand words of my new novel to finish it and then hit the editing hard.  I also planned to spend some time working on a talk I have to give later next month for a women's church retreat that I plan to attend.  I planned to rest.  I planned to watch a little television in the quiet of my house.  THEN, I planned to do some cleaning.  Didn't happen.  Why?

Jerry and Madelle asked me to come with them to Bozeman for the barbecue competition.  Madelle caught a cold from her brother, and she is nervous that she won't have enough energy to help Jerry.  Also last night, they planned to sell food.  She was nervous her social anxiety would cause her problems leaving her dad without help.  So, instead of staying home, I drove to Bozeman.  Yep, the house is still messy. 

And I don't see it getting much better in the coming week.  I have a deadline to send my new book that still needs the last two scenes to be written and the entire book to be edited by the thirtieth of August.  Friday!  Oh, my.  Yep, cleaning house is not a priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...