Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Day 306: Funeral Words


What would you like said about you at your funeral?



Really, I don’t care what is said at the funeral proper.  The important part of the funeral is when the family gets together before and after to talk about all the good times and stories.  All those who know and love the person (me, in this case) talk about the memories that will keep me in their heart.  In the last three years, I have lost two uncles, a dear cousin, my grandpa, my dad, my father-in-law, and a dear friend.  What is said at the funeral is already forgotten.  Instead, I remember Uncle Ray saving me from the bear fur on the floor, Uncle Albert’s love of popcorn, Marie editing and loving my stories, Grandpa teaching me to make lefse, Dad’s love of nature, Don’s love of all that I baked, and spending time with Joe at football and softball games.  Really, these are just one example from each person who I love dearly.  I am blessed to have some many more stories and memories.  I want to leave people with heartwarming stories and memories that make them smile when they think of me after my death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...