Monday, August 5, 2019

Day 290: Religion


Does religion play an important role in your life?  Why or why not?



For those of you following my blog, you know religion plays a huge part in my life.  In fact, I try to be in God's hands every minute of the day.  I work at praying a couple of times a day, attend Mass, attend a Bible Study, and volunteer at the church.  None of this makes me a good person.  None of this makes me special.  And God, my father, knows this doesn’t make me a good Christian.  So, why, if being a “dutiful Christian” doesn’t make me a good person, is religion playing an important role in my life?

All the things I do center me.  Things I learn and things I hear help me to be a good person.  I am reminded to be a good Samaritan and to help others.  I am reminded to be kind.  The world is tough.  People are tough.  God is loving.  God is kind.  I find him in the Eucharist and the friendships at my activities.  These are some of the reasons religion is a part of my life.  Also, without my religion, the ugliness of the world would penetrate more.  God helps it keep at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...