Monday, August 26, 2019

Day 311: Down to the Wire


I am coming down to the end of my second two month block for my Great Novel Challenge.  My second book is written coming in at 43,037 words.  I am nervous.  The story is one I have thought about for a very long time.  Unfortunately, though I have thought about it, I feel it has fallen a bit short of what I really want it to be.  Yet, as I read through it, I am at least not going to be embarrassed.  I think it is good for my first love story.

The big problem is since I really didn't know what to do with the novel, I have some consistency errors hiding among the words.  I have to fix it, and I have five days to get it done.  In pages, this is 157 pages to edit, take notes on, and fix the issues.  Yes, I am trying to lock myself in the writing room.  Today, the only two things to distract me are Madelle's appointment at three and fantasy football this evening.  There is nothing I can do about the appointment.  Football?  I would love to go hang out with Jerry, but I might have to just stay home and work.  We will see.

I am not sure what I think about these deadlines!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...