Thursday, August 22, 2019

Day 307: A Continuous Mistake


Is there a mistake you keep making repeatedly in your life?  Explain.



I keep expecting certain outcomes during times of trial.  Reflecting on my life, I guess I used to expect these outcomes all the time.  I just gave up on the outcomes during the normal times in life.  Anyway, I watch other people navigate through life's troubles and my navigation looks so much different.  I don't mean to sound ungrateful because I do make it through trials.  I just end up feeling unworthy and confused by the differences.  This is my hang-up and something I have to figure out, so I went to researching because I fall into this trap all the time.  Frankly, I am tired of feeling the negativity.

I am working through a book entitled “Expectation Hangovers.”  The book doesn’t completely fit my particular issue, but I have been able to glean new ways of approaching life.  Better still, the homily two weeks ago finished the work the book started.  I need to give God my expectations.  He needs to be the one to fill my needs.  Once I start looking to him specifically and not generally like I have in the past, I believe I will start doing better in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...