Sunday, August 18, 2019

Day 303: A Better Place



Are you making the world a better place?



Not as much as I should be.  Yes, I try.  But like today, I can’t think of one good thing I did today.  Yes, I put a puzzle together with a six year old.  He and I also played a little Mario Kart.  I gave a bunch of stuff to the Good Samaritan.  But really, I did those things for me more then for others.  I did pray, mainly for my sister.  Yesterday, I did better and prayed for all sorts of people.  I don’t know.  I do try to make the world better by being a nice person.  But is that enough?

I wrote this post a couple of days ago.  I have reflected on the thought since then.  I try to smile as I drive and when I pass people walking through the store or on the sidewalk.  I try to be especially positive when checking out of places.  A day or two after I wrote the above paragraph, my coffee girl thanked me.  "You are always so positive and smiling when you come through.  You always have a kind word.  You are so good to me."

No, I am not moving mountains for people.  But I try to be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...