Sunday, August 4, 2019

Day 289: Love or Hate


What is stronger, love or hate?



I have to say they are equal.  When I first saw the question, I thought love was stronger.  But the question kept bouncing around in my head.  Hate destroys a soul.  Love heals a soul.  Really, they do an equal amount of work, just different outcomes.

I wrote this post days ago when I prepped for a huge weekend with family in Wolf Point and for the week after when I knew my nephew would be in town.  I also knew I would be exhausted after that, so here I sit with the last one I wrote.  I simply wrote those six sentences.  Now I look at them and think how simple.  Can't I write more on the matter?  Hundreds of books are written about love and hate.  I don't need to expound on what has come before me.  At least not today, but maybe another day.  However, I will tell you about my evening last night.

After fifteen long years, I reconnected with a dear friend.  Reconnected isn't the correct word.  I will always be connected with Tara.  Really, we simply caught up on all that has happened in the past years of raising our kids and living our lives.  We have missed so much in each other's journey, but, yet, we haven't.  Sure, our life took us on separate paths in different countries.  We have had ups and downs, wins and loses.  The details are different.  What remains is what we started as.  Strong women.  Sure we have grown, changed.  Yet, under the gray hair, wrinkles, and aching joints, Tara and I are still dear friends.  We still choose love and no matter the trials, our souls will heal.  And even if we don't see each other for the next fifteen years, I know we will always be connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...