Friday, August 23, 2019

Day 308: A Better Way


"Sometimes God sends us people to help us find a better way."

"It is better to heed a wise man's rebuke than to listen to the song of fools."

Ecclesiastes 7:5 NIV



This was my daily one minute with God thought for the day, yesterday, which I forgot to read.  I love this.  I have been so blessed by the people God has sent to me throughout my life.  Yes, I have been rebuked by some of these people.  But the rebuke comes from wisdom and love. 

As I read the first words, I instantly thought of my friend Barb.  God was absolutely brilliant when He sent her to me.  This woman is amazing.  She looks at the world so differently then me; yet, so the same.  I can't even really put my finger on how to explain our diverse way of thinking, but I am going to give it a try with an example. 

When I come to a path in the road, I pray for God to pick the right one.  I believe He has a plan and that He prefers I take one path over the other.  Last year, my husband had the opportunity to apply for a job in Indiana.  He and I loved the thought of moving out of state on a grand adventure.  However, we had no idea what was best for our daughter.  I wanted a sign.  I discussed the situation with my Bible Study group.

Barb immediately stated she didn't think God cared one way or the other which way we went: stay in Montana or go to Indiana.  She thought the important part was that we trust in God to make the best of whichever decision we chose.  Wow, either way, we wouldn't be making a "wrong" decision.  This way of thinking relieved a little of the pressure.  What a wise perspective.

I still prayed for guidance.  I will always pray for guidance because that is the relationship I have with my Father.  However, now I don't look at decisions as so black and white.  Sure, there are bad decisions out there I can make.  Drugs, infidelity, theft, you know, those that the ten commandments talk about are all black and white.  But the normal decisions are possibilities.  God may care which we go with our life or He may not.  He does care that we walk with Him on the journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...