Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Day 298: Best Leader


Who has been the best leader of your country, past or present (e.g., president, royalty, prime minister, etc.)?



Oh, lord, this is an interesting question.  Just the other day, I chatted with a friend about how only my negative or political posts get any numbers of looks above twenty.  No one wants to hear ordinary nice things in blog posts or news articles.  They want controversy and drama.  Like I told her, I have been tempted to write more sensational pieces just to get some movement with my blog.  I have thought to stand up for my beliefs, but I fear the backlash.  She stated that as Christians we have a duty to speak up.  I believe if we speak up we need to be informed.  I don’t have enough time to be informed.  In today's mass information drive, there is too much to get through while trying to be a mom, wife, and fiction writer.  With that said, here are some thoughts.

Who has been our best leader?  My favorites have been Lincoln, Reagan, Bush Jr., and Trump.  Have they been the best?  I don’t know.  I believe Lincoln was the best to get us through the Civil War.  I believe Reagan was the best because of his economics or so I hear from my husband.  For me, I loved Bush.  He helped develop an atmosphere that strengthened our military.  When I think of our country, my first thoughts are military and economy.  These are my issues.  Bush did well.  So far, Trump is doing just as well.  He supports our men and women in uniform.  My investments are making money again.  I hear unemployment is down and people are working.  This makes him one of the best in my humble opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...