Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Day 285: Helplessness


What is the worst emotion a human being can feel?



Helplessness.  While my family imploded with mental illness, I watched in helplessness.  Sure, I encouraged, I suggested, I prayed.  I did all the physical things possible.  But at the end of the day, the work to become healthy comes down to the individual with the illness.  I can’t or couldn’t take any of it away.  I remember like it was yesterday, crying for a couple of family members and myself.  I sat on the chase lounge and bawled, those gulping, can’t catch your breath sobs that come from the core of existence.  Excruciating.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...