Thursday, July 4, 2019

Day 258: Water


It has been said that it is the little things that make life worth living.  Describe one (or several) of those little things.



People probably have their own definitions of what is little verses what is big.  Something I have thought little in the past has become huge in the last couple of years. Water.  More specifically, the water that is supposed to go through my sprinkler system and the garden hoses.  For years, I have taken for granted such a little thing that everyone else seems to enjoy in their neighborhoods.  For the last four years or so, we didn’t get our outside water until well into May.  The last two years, we haven’t had it during most of June.  As I write this post, I have no outside water.  Thank goodness it hasn’t been a dry year.  I am getting a little pissy about the situation.  Thus, I am very thankful for the little storm that has passed through the valley.

I was just outside and ran into the neighborhood informant.  We aren't getting the water situation fixed for another three weeks.  Thank goodness I didn't have the energy and time to get a vegetable garden in this year.  Oh, and don't get me started about the plants that I ordered that could potentially die.  At the moment, they are looking okay, minus the raspberries, but in three weeks?  I really want to rant and rave more, but I will end here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...