Saturday, July 13, 2019

Day 267: Best Advice


What is the best piece of advice you have ever been given?

Be kind.  I received this advice from a monsignor and a priest when I was dealing with some difficult personalities.  People say rude things.  People do rude things.  Instead of returning the rudeness, I work at being kind.  I like the advice because I have no idea what the person might be going through at the time of their rudeness.  Also, if I return the rudeness, nothing good comes of the situation.  Instead, I try to remain quiet, not always succeeding.  Also, the things that go through my head are rarely kind.  I do get so annoyed.  But ultimately, I think if we all approached situations with  more kindness, life would be a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...