Thursday, July 18, 2019

Day 272: History Museums

Would you rather spend the day at an art museum, science museum, or history museum?

I love art museums.  However, I love history museums even more.  In my travels, I have been to more history museums then I can count let alone remember.  My favorite would have to be The Tower of London. I still get goosebumps thinking I was there with all that history.  Amazing!!! Oh, and Hampton Court where Elizabeth I walked the floors and Catherine of Aragon prayed for her marriage. The joy of seeing such places!!!  The Shirley and Berkley Plantations where our American heroes treed. Oh, nothing beats history.
Yesterday, I spent the day with history.  I walked through the old school in Kalispell, Montana built in 1894.  I suspect my grandmother attended school there, but I am not sure. I loved the tower classrooms.  They would have been my favorite as a kid. What am I saying? They were my favorite yesterday. I also enjoyed the exhibits of the logging from the past to present and about the ghost town, Demersville, Montana.  Now, I need to find that cemetery some day. I might have to write a historical romance about there as well.

Best of all was the tour I took of the Conrad Mansion.  I believe the last time I was in the house was the spring of 1983 on a school field trip.  I loved the house then, I love it even more now. This is my favorite of the houses I have visited.  Okay, writing that, I do cringe. I also loved the mansions in Virginia I have seen, but this is definitely the best of Montana.  I could go on all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...