Thursday, January 31, 2019

Day 108: Great Value


Write about an item you own that is not worth much money but has great value to you.



I have a collection of sentimental items in my house.  Special gifts given by those I love.  I have items that belonged to family members who have passed away.  Really, I have a lot of items worth great value to me.  My latest is an elephant.  My cousin Marie collected elephants.  She gave my mom two before she passed away.  I asked for one.  I received one with a paisley print of greens and rose colors.  He matches my writing room walls perfectly.  I have my dad’s Cursillo cross in my car and his old chainsaw in my garage, along with quite a few other odd items throughout my house.  I have an old sander of my grandpa Nixon and a crosscut saw of my grandma and grandpa Hedahl.  I have a white glass Christmas hat sitting on my kitchen window of my grandma Nixon.  I have my sister-in-laws painting of the hat in my sitting room.  My house if filled with furniture my father-in-law built. 

My mother-in-law once told her sisters that each of her daughter-in-laws have a distinct decorating scheme.  When she came to mine, she hesitated.  I helped her out.  "Mine is eclectic.  Yes, my house is filled with treasures that keep my past loved ones close that only have value to me.  I hope someday they have value to my kids or grandkids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...