Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Day 93: Discovery


Write about a good discovery you have made (big or small).



For years, I used this black potato masher to get my lefse made.  I really hate this masher.  A lot of the time little bits of potatoes didn’t mash all the way leaving tiny lumps of potato in the lefse.  I didn’t really think of finding a way to make it better.  After about twenty-eight years of this method of mashing potatoes, my father-in-law gave my husband his grandmother’s ricer.  I had heard of ricers, but didn’t have a clue and didn’t care enough about my potato issue to do the research or by another gadget for my already cluttered kitchen.  Well, the next time I made lefse and grumbled at the potatoes, I remembered the ricer.  My lefse making days are so much easier!  The lumps are nonexistent.  I have sent my thanks to Grandma Antoinette every year since.  What a great discovery!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...