Thursday, January 24, 2019

Day 101: A Better Surface


Complete this thought: “Someone really needs to design a better…”



Road building substance.  Stick with me here. In America, we have wonderful roads.  They are wide for one thing.  My poor sister drove us around in the backcountry of England, and they have tiny roads.  In Mexico, my husband drove a jeep in one area, and we took a bus in another area.  I honestly can’t remember the roads, but I believe the jeep was needed in some of the backcountry we traveled through.  So overall, yes, we have great roads.

I want a road that will melt snow and ice.  I love to travel all over my beautiful state, but in the winter, I stay home as much as possible.  The roads scare me.  I hate them. In November, we passed about seven wrecks on our way to Billings.  I think there is a permanent indentation on my door where I held on for dear life.  My husband is a great driver, but I am sure not a great passenger.

This weekend I am driving to Billings.  I check the weather report about three times a day.  I also check the road condition map.  When I complained the other day to a friend, she said her and her husband could drive me.  I love that she offered, but boy did I ever feel wimpy.  I hate feeling wimpy.

Anyway, I digress.  Roads.  They need a new type of surface that never freezes.  This would make me a happy driver.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...