Sunday, January 20, 2019

Day 97: Novel Update


As I have stated before, 2018 my writing struggled.  My hope was that this year I would be cruising with the words.  Nope. 

I wanted to be done with the first 2/3rds of the novel by the end of last week.  With Madelle doing better, this week I planned to do a writing challenge.  I was supposed to have chapter 17 finished and the last 3rd of the novel plotted.  Again, nope.

Last week, I hoped for 5,000 words.  I missed it by 2,300.  Lame.  If I had done those words, I would be done with the chapter.  Instead, today I will work on the last two scenes.  I hope to brainstorm as well.  Do you see the pattern?  Hope, nope, hope, nope.  Gurr.

Writing can be a frustrating companion.  I always think about it.  I make plans, and they fall to pieces.  Luckily, I am stubborn and persistent.  I so wanted this book done last year.  Now, I want it sent to my nonexistent editor by May.  Will this happen?  I hope.  If this ends in a nope, I will just keep plugging away. 

My goal for the week?  I hope for 10,000 words.  With a trip to Billings, I will be happy with 5,000 words.  Oh, just keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...