Saturday, January 19, 2019

Day 96: The Rainbow



Thank you for the gift of being my father-in-law!!!

Thirty-one years ago, I had the pleasure of meeting Don Richard, the man who raised the guy I was dating.  Oh, that was so long ago.  A year later, Don became my father-in-law.  When he heard we had no plans for a honeymoon (all our money was going to college), he handed my new husband enough money for two nights stay in Red Lodge.  We were so grateful.

The memories I have are so plentiful.  He loved every dessert I made.  Celebrating Madelle's last birthday, I smiled as his eyes danced while we sang her happy birthday and he ate a coconut cupcake.  He wanted more grandkids when he saw our huge basement in Hardin.  I told him he would need a new daughter-in-law.  He smiled and said he would rather keep me.  The times he came and stole Michel on Saturday mornings to eat pancakes with Grandma and Grandpa Richard.  I will forever be thankful for the time we lived in Wolf Point when we saw him all the time.

This morning I was incredible sad.  The sadness has come and gone these last four days since he passed away.  I was driving home from working and stopping for coffee.  As I drove over the interstate, I saw a section of a rainbow.  Not something I see often in Montana in January.  Don was saying he is still here with us.  He was telling me everything is going to be fine.  He loves all of us and he is proud of all of us.  And he knows we feel exactly the same way. We love you.
Don and his boys.

Some of my favorite men!!!

Don loved bird watching.  I think I got this from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...