Sunday, January 13, 2019

Day 90: Heaven On Earth



When have you experienced “heaven on earth?”





A lot of people may disagree, but my moments of “heaven on earth” happen at least once a year.  Actually, more often even then that. I find heaven in the outdoors.  I may only get to travel on the highways of Montana, but the mountains I travel through shroud me in God’s grace.  I take walks in the outdoors as often as I am able and find my piece of heaven whether it it is on Mt. Helena, Spring Meadow Lake, Helena Valley Reservoir, or simply driving through the Seeley Swan or other great drives in the state.  Oh, and when I see an eagle, hawk, or falcon, I feel so close to my creator. I am truly blessed in nature.



I would have to add that my gardens and all gardens are another place that brings heaven to my day.  In the fall specifically, I sit in my writing room looking through the window at all the birds on my sunflowers.  I love them.  I also experience heaven as I work in the dirt and delight in a new flower.  I feel close to God when I am in a garden.  Again, I am very blessed.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...