Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Day 100: Strength


In what way are you strong?



My faith life is strong.  I don’t think I can attribute that to my strength though.  Throughout my life, I have always loved God.  I came from a good family, but we never went to church as a family.  When I was little, the church bus took me to the Church of God, or I went to the the Catholic Church with friends.  I always had a ride.  God did that.  Not me.

During college, I failed to go to church very often.  The first year, I didn’t have a car to get me off of campus.  I also didn’t look for a ride.  After that, I was so busy with three jobs trying to pay for college that I still didn’t make it very often.  I did find time to get married in my church and be blessed by my husband’s Catholic Church.  About a year later, I became Catholic.  Even being sporadic in attendance, I never lost my faith.  Thank you, Dear Lord.

As an adult, as all adults have happen, there have been many trials in life.  I have gotten mad at God many times.  I get a little demanding with Him.  I never demand for him to fix my life.  Instead, I ask him to fix my attitude.  He must laugh at me a lot.  But he always helps me feel better.  He always give me strength or carries me through.  I am also blessed by the people he puts in my life to help me.

I am always marveling at the faith he has instilled in me.  I often wonder, why me?  Why is my faith so strong when others struggle?  I have no answers, but I am truly thankful.  So, yes, I am strong in faith, but God is the power behind it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...