Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Day 106: A Cautionay Tale


If you were a book, in which section of the bookshop would you be shelved?  Which genre are you most drawn to?



I would be housed in the section of cautionary tales.  Ha, just kidding. I am torn on where I would like to reside.  I think they would just need to make a new section that combines a strong female protagonist with history, mythology, religion, a little romance, military, and magic, with a journey motif.  I think that covers everything.  Hum, as I read this over, I realized that my love of magic isn't necessarily where I would need to be shelved.  I don't practice magic.  However, I do find magic in discovery.  I could also be filed in travel, gardening, and hobbies.  I am all over the place!

And, as for genre that I am drawn to?  I gravitate to fantasy, historical, faith, the classics, and gardening.  I believe I read more fantasy then anything else because that is what I write.  However, I always am reading a book about faith for my women’s group and my own study.  I get itchy fingers if I don’t read a historical or classic at least every third book.  Really?  I just love books and reading! I know, I am addicted.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...