Friday, February 1, 2019

Day 109: Like Dad



How do you strive to be similar to, or different from, your parents?



I love to say I am like my dad. One time, I met a new neighbor where my parents lived. I had come home to visit.  The lady of the house said I looked just like my mom.  Dad smiled, “yes, but she acts like me.”  I laughed.  I strive to be like my dad.  He loved all people.  He was a great conversationalist and would go visiting all the time.  I struggle with this as an introvert, but I work on visiting when I am in Libby.  I try to garden like him.  I fall short here as well.  His garden was always beautiful when he was healthy.  I struggle with rheumatoid arthritis, but I still work outside in the yard.  The area I try to be like him the most though is his love of reading.  He was always reading a book if he wasn’t visiting or gardening.  He passed his love of reading to me.  I am eternally grateful.

Of course, there are areas I am not like him.  I do not have a passion for fishing.  I am not an avid hunter.  With this said, I work at loving nature as much as he did.  He found God in the mountains, as do I.  As for church, I have been determined to be different then him.  He did go to church but only for funerals and weddings.  I attend church every Sunday.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...