Saturday, June 29, 2019

Day 253: My Name


Do you like your name?  Do you feel like it suits you?  If you could change your name, would you?  What would you change it to?



Growing up, I hated my name, Lisa.  Everywhere I went, Lisa’s where in the area.  I graduated with four others with the same name.  I felt common, ordinary because of my name.  Now, I loved my middle name, Madelle.  The uniqueness thrilled me.  I thought about changing my name when I went off to college, but by that time, I felt unique despite the everyday first name.

Now, too many years later to mention, my name is just that, my name.  I have worked at being unique in other ways despite my name.  I wouldn’t change it.  I am that Lisa who has stories growing up a logger's daughter who spent twenty years in the military, and who now is an author who loves to garden, paint, snap pictures, and loves to travel all over the world.  So, a new name?  Naw.  Mine fits like an old glove.  Beside, I have no idea what else would fit.

Lisa Madelle Nixon Richard, I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...