Saturday, June 15, 2019

Day 239: Inherit


Describe in detail one item that you would love to inherit from a relative, or that you have inherited.



The item I really wanted to inherit was my grandmother’s portrait.  Since I was a little girl, I wanted that to be in my house.  The picture is colored, but the old fashion color that seems off.  Even so, her blue eyes are so vivid and gorgeous.  She is very young with her hair pulled back and a soft, kind smile.  Just gorgeous!  I have no idea who has the framed picture.  I think my uncle has it, and it will be passed down to one of his children.  Sure, I am sad, but really the sadness comes from not having Grandma here on earth.  The great thing is that one of the cousins did have copies made, and I do have one of them.  I also wanted to inherit one of my grandpa’s Mercedes.  Instead, they were sold.  I almost bought one, but the practicality of such a purchase just didn’t fit my fiscally conservative side.

I do look forward to receiving my other grandmother’s buffet, if my sister doesn't want it. The huge cupboard might possibly be to big for my house, but I will find a spot for it.  I remember it from when I was a kid and all her fancy dishes were stored in it.  I will do the same.  Granted, I will have to buy fancy dishes.  Ha, ha.  Okay, the nice dishes that are way up in the pantry will be stored in the buffet.  The piece of furniture has a door on each side with three drawers running down the middle.  The doors stick.  I will have to see if they can be fixed.  It is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...