Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Day 249: Writing Update


After 248 days, for the first time, I don't feel like writing a blog post.  I looked at the seven topics for the coming days.  None of them sparked an interest.  What is wrong?  Well, let's see....  I believe my muse is excited that one adventure is ending and a new adventure is starting. 

As I wrote on May 1st, I am participating in the Great Novel Challenge by writing a 40,000+ word novel every two months.  With June coming to an end, my first novel is due on Sunday.  Last night, I thought I had three more scenes to write.  As I finished up scene 28, I realized that in fact this was the last scene.  I am so excited.  I now have five days left of the challenge.  I will edit the last four scenes and hand it over to my first reader.  I will also work on the formatting and book cover.  I really think I can have the book up on kindle for sale by July 1.  Too cool.  Knowing I am so close is making it hard to think about blog posts.

The other difficulty is that I am stoked for my next writing project.  My husband suggested that I try a romance for something different.  He mentioned this a couple weeks ago.  I have been letting the idea ruminate in my head.  Vali, my muse, finally set me straight.  I had been thinking a contemporary story.  She wants one completely different.  I am going to write a tragic love story set in the 1940s in Kalispell, Montana.  I am nervous.  The last time I attempted a love story it turned into a ghost hunting story.  I am hoping I am a stronger writer and can pull it off.  We will see.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...