Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Day 235: A Kind Stranger


Write about something nice a stranger did for you.



So may things.  Years and years ago, we took the boys to San Francisco for a Monday Night football game: 49ers verses the Steelers.  Earlier in the day, we went to Alcatraz.  In the gift shop, a stranger gave us a free parking ticket.  Once in the parking lot, Steelers fans directed us to a spot that was in the second row.  They had seen we were a family and row after row directed us closer.  I was amazed.  Since our family was wearing both teams jerseys, we did get teased a lot about the "rift" between us.  However, every single Steeler fan treated us like family.  I was dumbfounded.  To be truthful, if I weren’t so loyal, I would have changed teams that day.  We were treated the same way in Denver with the Steelers fans at that game as well.  Strangers who are Steelers fans are some of the kindest people I have ever met.  I so can’t wait to go to a game in Pittsburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...