Monday, June 17, 2019

Day 241: Maui


The first thing I noticed flying into Maui was how comfortable the airport felt.  Yes, I realize this might sound odd.  However, I loved that I felt at home.  Getting to baggage took no effort.  I didn’t get lost like I did in Vegas.  After collecting our luggage, we went in search of the car rental area.  Sure, they had a tram, but we simply walked the eight minutes, beating the tram and the long line of tram takers.  We had our car and were on the road in less then 30 minutes.  The time included chatting with the guy that let us pick out what car we wanted.  Yep, we picked the one with the sunroof!!!

Driving was a breeze.  I used my cell phone for navigation.  Madelle helped a lot the first day.  I honestly don’t think I made one wrong turn the entire trip.  The island is small in land and population.  At times, traffic was Montana heavy.  Easy, peasy.  I loved it.  By day two, I was comfortable and by day five I almost didn’t need the navigational assistance.  I would have the place completely under control countryside wise and probably even the biggest town.  I loved driving all over the place.

We stayed at a resort.  I am not sure if I would do that the same or not.  I loved the easy access to the beach.  I loved the manicured lawn and gardens.  I am not sure if June is the off season or not, but I felt there wasn’t all that many people staying at the resort.  I loved that aspect of the area as well.  Oh, and the beach was perfect.  The swimming was delightful.  I loved the little pub.  We had shopping a half a mile walk from the resort.  Really, I think it was the perfect place for my first visit.  I loved sitting in the breezeway during the heat of the day to write.  On the balcony, birds stopped by to visit.  Pricy, yes, but well worth the ease for me.

Though we didn’t do many activities, Maui has a lot to offer.  I look forward to going back so I can explore more of the botanical gardens, see the blowhole, take the Hana Highway all the way to the end, see the bamboo forest, a crater, go fishing, snorkeling, boating, whale watching, and see a black beach.  Yep, there is plenty to do on the island without the people congestion of Oahu.

Yep, I plan to go again.  I am not sure when or with whom.  I might just go on my own, though I would love to go with Jerry or my sister.  I am going to rent a jeep next time.  Man, they looked like a lot of fun.  I want to go snorkeling and be in the sun a lot more.  I want to swim every day at least once.  Hum, I really could go back tomorrow, I loved it that much.  Maui is the best of the Hawaiian Islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...