Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Day 236: The Best


If you could be the best in the world at something, what would it be?



Just one thing?  Of course, at the top of my list would be writing.  However, I love photography and gardening.  Growing up, I never considered gardening as a career.  My teachers gave me bad grades in English, well C’s.  Yes, I deserved the grades.  I had a bit of a learning disability.  But, I do wish one of my many teachers would have seen the desire in me and mentored the spark.  I lost a lot of years not believing in myself.  And then with photography, I believed I would be sacrificing time with my family by traveling the world as a National Geographic photographer.  I didn't realize Montana had a magazine or I could do things closer to home.  Thus, I went into a safe field of study, teaching.  And of course, I also had the military.  I never believed or was shown the possibilities in how I could become great or the best in these three areas.  I am thankful that in middle age, I have found a place for all three of the activities I love the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...