Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Day 250: Quiet


“Sometimes it’s best to just keep quiet.”



“God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few.”

ECCLESIASTES 5:2 NIV



The calendar on my desk had this printed on one of the days last week.  I like the advice; unfortunately, I struggle keeping quiet with those I feel safe and comfortable talking with in a more intimate setting.  I find that I say things that aren’t necessarily kind or sensitive.  I can be argumentative when the topic is near and dear to my heart.  And to be honest, I do get tired of being quiet.  I have to listen to other people’s opinions, shouldn’t they have to hear mine?  And then there are the times people want to know what I am thinking, until I honestly tell them.  Conversations can be difficult.  In the future, I will continue to try to use few words.  I am sure I will continue to mess up as well.  I am human after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...