Sunday, February 10, 2019

Day 118: Electronic vs Paper


Do you prefer to read electronic books or paper books?  Why?



Both!!!  I prefer to read anything within reach.  Thanks, Dad for that trait!

I love regular books.  I love the smell of books.  I love opening them.  I love writing in the margins and highlighting passages.  I love the books that are signed by the author: Brandon Sanderson, David Farland....  I still love going into a library and running my fingertips along the rows of books.  In my house, we have a room with five huge bookcases double stacked with a crap load of books.  I have more books in my writing room.  In the living room is another book case with tons of books.  In our bedroom, there is a book case with books on books, and my husband's nightstand is stacked with more books.  I don't buy as many as I used to though.  I am thankful for Kindle because we would need to buy a bigger house if this amazing little devise hadn’t come into our lives. 

When the kindle came out, my husband bought one first.  Within months, he bought me one for Christmas.  Between the two of us we have 184 books at our fingertips.  The number grows monthly.  We share the account.  Now, I love that with my kindle I can see it in the dark and not wake up Jerry.  I love that I have this many books at my fingertips on a light weight devise that can go all over the world with me.  I also love that I can have an app on my phone that taps into this library of ours, waiting is not boring for me.  Best of all, I love how I can press down on a word and the definition pops up.  Oh, and I can still highlight and write notes.  Life couldn’t be any better.

The pros of both the kindle and paperback books are many.  I love each for different reasons, but also for the same reason.  They transport me to different worlds and teach me anything I want to know.  A favorite?  Nope.  I will keep both thank you very much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...