Monday, February 18, 2019

Day 126: Recent Gift


Write about the most recent gift you gave someone.



I swear I wrote about this gift a while back, but I will write about it again.  I loved the gift. I loved the gift so much that I bought it for me as well.  Originally, the gift came to me first, and she bought one for herself.  A bit complicated.

Two years ago, my sister, her friend, and I went to England.  With my health issues, I usually rested in the evening while they wandered.  In London, they went to Harrods.  Now, I had never heard of the store until our trip.  I was educated that this was a famous department store.  Since I didn’t go, my sister bought me a key ring and a really nice pen.  She bought herself a pen as well.

Now, both of us fell in love with this pen.  For over a year, we used them.  No one else was allowed to use them.  They fit the hand perfect and the ink is just the best.  They are a thin sleek black cylinder with Harrods written on the side.  At the top is a silver crown with a “diamond” inside the crown.  This summer my sister announced the death of her pen.  I panicked.  Mine would be next.

In November, I went shopping online.  You guessed it.  I found the pens on the Harrods website.  I ordered more for both of us.  I also ordered us some shortbread.  Sure, I would have preferred to fly over and shopped in person, but this was the next best thing.  The joy on her face was priceless when she opened the shortbread to find two new pens inside.  The gift was well worth the extra shipping.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...