Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Day 120: Ancestors



Have you done any research into your ancestors?  What interesting surprises have you discovered?



The only research I have done with my ancestors is reading the write up my cousin gave me.  Because of this information, I found out that one of my ancestors fought for the Confederacy while the rest fought for the Union.  

A couple of years ago, I went to York, England where my family hails from.  I felt a connection. They lived in York during the War of the Roses, one of my favorite times in history.

I learned one of my great, great grandmothers lost three children in two years in the Midwest.

Someday, I would like to write a historical fiction loosely based on my family starting in York.  What a feat that would be.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...