Friday, February 15, 2019

Day 123: Valentine's Day 2019


The day before Valentine's Day, Jerry and I chuckled at how this year was a bust for the day so many people love to celebrate.  Neither one of us cares about the day itself.  The Hallmark Holiday can come and go without a fuss, though we do try to celebrate in the month of February because it is our anniversary month.  With both of us sick, we knew nothing was going to happen yesterday and the weekend is questionable.

After Madelle asked to go to dinner and we said no, she suggested pizza.  Perfect.  Her sick parents could stay home and let her have a treat.  The pizza came.  Jerry suggested opening his Christmas present of cherry moonshine.  We all sat down to watch a little comedy while eating dinner.

He turned to me with a grin.  "I can't think of anyone I would rather have pizza with on Valentine's Day." 

I grinned back.  "Me neither.  In fact, this is the perfect Valentine's Day."  We toasted to a great day and clicked our plastic cups with moonshine.  Of course, Madelle didn't have any of the elixir.  She just rolled her eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...