Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Day 114: All-Nighter


When was the last time you pulled an all-nighter?  Why did you do it? How did you feel afterwards?



Oh, my.  I have no idea.  I am a wake up at three in the morning rather then stay up all night kind of girl.  I would have to say that it was probably back in my old days in Company C Med.  I was an ambulance driver, and we were doing annual training at Orchard Training Center near Boise, Idaho.  I made a crap load of runs into the hospital that two weeks with infantry soldiers.  However, even then, I bet I took quick naps while waiting for them to be done with the doctor.  The one thing I learned in BASIC training was to sleep at every opportunity.  

While running back and forth, I do remember quit vividly one of the cooks growling at me.  He hadn’t seen me in over 24 hours.  I received a lecture about stopping by the mess tent for food in-between runs even if it was at two in the morning.  We had excellent cooks.  I also remember my platoon sergeant letting me sleep one of the last days when the rest of the company was participating in the great parade.  All they did was drive around the area with no real mission but driving.  That was one of the best sleeps I ever had.  Well, until I woke up realizing I could be in trouble.  Oh, fun times in the military.  Do I miss it?  Not at this age!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...