Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Day 135: Relax


You have two hours to do something relaxing and a budget of $100.  What will you do?



Really, $100.00 is more then I would ever need during warm weather.  I would go for a nice walk around either Spring Meadow Lake or Helena Valley Reservoir.  I would stop by for a coffee.  This is all I really need to relax.  I love being by the water and of course, coffee is a good addition.  I also relax when I am gardening.  Sure, it is a ton of work, but all my problems and worries disappear.

In the winter, I relax a lot while watching movies.  However, my favorite thing is to go do my hair or my toenails.  I do need go good chunk of change for these activities.  I am at an age where my feet crack from the cold, dry weather.  There is nothing better then soaking my feet in hot water and having Shauna do her magic.  I also take a coffee on this activity.

Anytime of the year, I can pick pour a cup of coffee, sit in the recliner, and read a good book.  I actually do this almost daily.  Believe it or not, I also love putting on instrumental music, lighting a candle, and writing.  If the session flows, I am super relaxed afterwards.

Finally, some painting helps me relax.  I love to see something transform before my eyes.  Now, this isn't the painting of pictures type of painting.  This is find a wall and just melt into the motion of the brush.  I love to paint, especially outside.  I am already looking forward to working on painting the eves of the house later this year.

Really, relaxing for me is pretty easy.  Heck, I even relax doing dishes and folding laundry if I am mindful of the task and not the million other things I want or need to do.  Relaxing is a state of mind I strive for all the time.  The more I relax the more my autoimmune leaves me alone and my pain is a lot less.  Besides, relaxing leads to a joy filled day.  Be mindful and have a relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...