Sunday, February 3, 2019

Day 111: Chronic Pain


Jerry and I walked down the asphalt path into town.  I pushed a grocery cart.  The cloudy sky in front of us swirled with white and light gray.  I turned to look behind me.  Raging black clouds bore down on us.  Fear spread through me.  A mile from home, we would never make it back to our house before the storm descended on us.  My body ached.  I couldn't run.  No road traveled next to our path for Jerry to go ahead of me to bring back the pickup.  I was doomed.

I woke up, five o'clock in the morning.  I groaned.  I knew I wouldn't get back to sleep.  My body still ached all over.  I had hoped to sleep until six.  No such luck.  Most of the night, I hurt and woke up to find a more comfortable position.  At 2:30, I read off and on for over an hour.  I am going to have a long day with church, my cleaning job, and the Super Bowl party.

Giving up going back to sleep, I stood up and stretched.  I shuffled to the kitchen.  Outside, the snow fell.  I remembered my dream.  I had to chuckle.  My subconscious was telling me that the storm that caused my pain had arrived, just as promised in the dream.  Yes, I will have a long day, but the pain hopefully will dissipate soon.  If not, I will take a pain reliever and see if that helps to get me through the busy day.  Living with chronic pain is quite the ride!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great representation of how Bob feels every day. It is definitely not a fun way to live but each person deals with it the best they can.

    ReplyDelete

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...