Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Day 121: Boots


Think back to your childhood.  Write about an article of clothing or an outfit you remember one of your parents (or another influential adult figure) wearing.



Boots.  Every morning, my dad woke up before the sun.  He ate a hearty breakfast my mom prepared.  He put on his black leather work boots.  With a thermos and lunchbox in hand, he left the house to work out in the woods.  When he returned in the evening, I raced to his chair to unlace those boots.  I pulled and pulled, trying to help his feet escape their prison.  He would have to give me a little help.  Sometimes, I fell backwards.  We laughed.  I loved it when Dad came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...