Saturday, February 23, 2019

Day 131: Experts


What expert do you wish could come teach you what they know?



Wow, I have a list.  My first thought was Monty Don.  He is a British gardener that I have watched a couple of his television shows.  I would love to learn from him. Luckily, I have learned from our local nursery owner just down the road from my house.  Which I will also mention, someday my dream is to go to the Chelsea garden show in England.

My next thought was Ansel Adams.  He is my all time favorite photographer.  I would love to go on a shoot with him. Of course, he died in 1984, so I will have to wait and see him in Heaven.  Yes, I hope to be taking pictures in the afterlife!

After that, I would love to sit and listen to stories of my favorite times in history.  The top two are the War of the Roses and the US Civil War. I was blessed to be taught about both by MSU-Billings’ best history professor, Dr. Moses.  I don’t know if he would be considered an expert, but I enjoyed his classes immensely.  At dinner the other night, my husband mentioned Bruce Catton.  He has written some excellent nonfiction for the Civil War.  He would be fun to meet.  He like Ansel is gone now.  Someday.

Of course, sitting at Jesus’ feet, like Mary, would be the ultimate expert to learn from.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...