Sunday, September 15, 2019

Day 331: Medical Instruments


The second part of my trip to Bozeman entailed waking up at 3:10 in the morning.  By 3:30, I was on my way up to the hospital without any coffee.  I thought my trip was going to be a bit rough, but I had a great time.  I took a tour behind the scenes of the OR.

My middle child works at the hospital as a sterilization technician.  I don't know if that is the official title, but I say the name that way.  He showed me all the equipment and techniques of sterilizing the items needed in the operating room.  I loved seeing him in his scrubs and working.

I was amazed that behind the scenes, where patients aren't allowed to tread, the look of the hospital.  Everything looks like it is still back in the seventies.  The wall are colored a cream color and in great need of being painted.  The flooring is old linoleum in muted ugly squares of more creams.  I felt a chill and thought of all horror movies.

The tour took me back to my old medic days.  No, I didn't work in a hospital.  In fact, I really didn't do much as a medic except drive the ambulance, but we did do a lot of inventory.  Seeing all the clamps and scissors reminded me of my life so very long ago.  After he clocked out, he took me to my breakfast, his dinner.  The entire trip, though it lasted less then 24 hours was a huge success.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...