Monday, September 23, 2019

Day 339: What A Weekend


I don't remember the last time I have turned off my cell phone or not thought of writing something for longer then an hour.  This past weekend, I worked a three day retreat and did just that.  I turned my cell phone off.  I could have used the flashlight on it.  I could have fixed my fantasy football team.  Instead, I told God to take care of getting around in the dark church.  As for the football?  I lost.  I am perfectly content in the lose.  I wrote some notes and a sentence or two.  But, really, I left the pages blank.

So, what did I do over the weekend?  Well, I really can't reveal the details.  Suffice it to say, I spent time fellowshipping with God and well over forty of my Christian sisters, all strong and courageous women.  We praying, sang, laughed, cried, hugged, and loved. 

I made this weekend in 2000 but didn't go again until 2009.  Since that year, I have only missed one because I needed a break after my dad passed away.  Anyway, every year, I come out a better version of myself.  This year was no exception.  The weekend was so very fulfilling.  I left with a feeling of contentment and joy.  I don't think I have had a better weekend.

I thought today I would be exhausted.  I am not.  I am full of with joy.  Blessings to you all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...