Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Day 341: Dessert


What is your favorite dessert?



Really?  A favorite?  Just one?  I guess I will have to dedicate this post to my sister.  My favorite at the moment is sticky toffee pudding from York, England.  I don’t even think I could find the restaurant that we ate the dessert.  But, someday, I will go back to York.  I would love to stay for a good month to tour all the historical sights from the War of the Roses.  So many stories and projects, so little time.  But, I digress.

As for the dessert, imagine my surprise to learn the pudding has dates in the cake.  I never thought I would like such a dessert.  Oh, and the toffee sauce.  Really, this is what makes the dessert so spectacular.  The sauce goes in the bottom of the ramekin and in the cut layer.  When they flip it over on the plate, more sauce is added.  Delightful.  Short of going to York, Missoula's The Stone Accord has a good pudding.  Also, I made a very good one this past Christmas.  Yum!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...