Saturday, September 14, 2019

Day 330: Writing Retreat


First Session

3:37-4:37 = 60 Minutes

1,028 words

The trip down to Bozeman was uneventful.  The traffic clipped along just fine with only one truck on the two lane.   I saw two hawks along the way. I believe I did see Toni coming back from Wheat.  I waved.  The hotel is small and cozy.  I believe it is a tad bit old, but they have free good coffee downstairs and Wi-Fi.  I have a fridge and microwave.  All the amenities of home that I need.  I do wish I didn’t have a television, and I shouldn’t have brought my kindle where I could watch Amazon Prime.  Well, and all the other streaming shows.  I will have to refrain.  All the decor is Montana and Yellowstone themed.  I like is so far, but on to my first round of writing.  My first carrot is good coffee downstairs afterwards.



Second Session

6:03-6:55 = 52 minutes

1,172 words

The first session took a bit to get engaged with when I first started the scene.  Of course, I am not sure I like what I wrote, but I feel that way every single time I write.  However, as more words filled the page, the writing smoothed out to flow.  I am excited to have one thousand words.  I took a break, too long of a break.  I watched television, the bane of my existence.  But I am now back to the page for my next run at finishing this scene and starting another.



Third Session

8:02-8:56 = 54 minutes

1,056 words

The second session went much smoother then the first.  I wrote more words in less amount of time.  I always love when that takes place in my writing.  My dream is that happening every writing session, but I know that isn’t how the writing world works.  Yes, writing is fun.  I love the end result.  So many times though, the words linger outside my vision.  The struggle is real.  Of course, the struggle to actually sit in the chair is big as well.  However, I am determined to reach the three thousand words I set as a goal.  I will begin chapter six and see where it leads me.



The third session was tough.  The time was eight o'clock and bed always calls me at this time.  But I wrote the words.  I will look at them later today or tomorrow to see how they are to finish the scene.  All in all, a successful, short writing retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...