Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Day 327: Updates


Rheumatoid Arthritis:  The rain and constant clouds have been a challenge the last few days.  All I want to do is curl up on the couch with a blanket and read or watch "Downton Abbey."  Of course, this is normal for rainy fall days, but for me, I have no energy and I ache.  Fall is definitely not my favorite month.

Writing:  Hum, none happened yesterday.  All my energy went to running around town to the dentist, Good Samaritan, bank, and store.  By the time I got home with the daughter, I took a nap.  Yep, that is my day when the weather is bad.  I keep reminding myself it is okay to rest when I feel this way.  I hate it though.

Publishing:  Good news.  Love Finds Victory is live for purchase on the kindle and Amazon paperback books.  I am so relieved.  I have one being sent to Dean, so I am still in the Challenge.  Now, to get writing done on book 3.  Uff da!!!  I am worried because I don't do well in the fall, I have a four day retreat next weekend, and I go to Vegas at the end of October.  This next novel could be a little tricky.

Depression:  Nope, I am not depressed, but when I flare-up with a lot of pain, can't do my writing, and feel like a slug, depression hovers.  I think of how my life isn't the way I want it to be.  I could easily slip into the "woe is me" state of being.  I choose differently.  Instead, I list work even harder at my gratitude list.

Gratitude List for Tuesday:

Clancy cleaned my teeth.  She is the best.  I have a sensitive mouth and I never hurt when she takes care of me.

I woke up in the morning!!!  I always am so happy to wake up.  I know.  Everyone wakes up, but most people take it for granted.  I love mornings and I am so thankful to be alive!!!

I also woke up to coffee.  I love the timer on my Ninja coffeemaker.

I finally dropped off two deposits to the bank.  I have been putting this off for a while now.

I dropped a bag of old jeans off at the Good Samaritan.  I am so thankful to help others.

I chatted with Clay.  I am always happy to hear from him and know how well he is doing in school and work.

I chatted with my sister.  I am so excited she is headed to Europe.  I get to live vicariously through all her pictures.

"Downton Abbey" kept me entertained for two episodes.  I love to be able to travel to England and the 1920's.  What a beautiful time and place.

There were enough leftovers in the fridge that I didn't have to worry about making dinner!!!

I took a nap!  I struggle taking them.  Usually, I think of all the things I want to do and bounce back up.



Today is another gloomy, rainy day.  My legs ache.  My body hums with exhaustion and soreness.  I started my day by making biscuits.  I am determined to accomplish something, and I have.  I will also work on my next novel.  My character, Kirzantra Battaglia, is miserably in pain from deep loss.  I will tap into my physical pain to write her story.  I will have a great day.  I choose to have a great day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...