Sunday, September 8, 2019

Day 324: Frustrations of Publishing


I came into the writing room to do my pages and blog and ended up fixing my spine taking me 55 minutes.  I hate publishing!!!  I suck at it.  I do it once a year or now that I am doing the challenge, ever other month.  But that is not enough to be proficient.  Thus, I waste precious writing time I a task that only frustrates me.  I want to scream and throw a fit every single time.  And I do write notes.  I do an SOP, standard operating procedure.  I either don’t put in enough detail or the blasted people at Adobe decide it is great fun to change the program so that all my old resources are outdated.  Today, it took me forever to find where to change the width of my spine because the old YouTube video pointed to the old spot.  Gurr.

If that isn’t frustrating enough, Amazon take 24 hours to turn around with the review of said book.  So, the change I made today won’t be approved until tomorrow.  If I didn’t fix it right, I will have to take another bloody hour to make a change and wait another 24 hours to see if it finally worked.  I started this book process for the paperback on Thursday.  Do I feel like pulling my hair out?  YES!!!

So, between the publishing, RA flare-ups, and a church project, I wrote nine hundred words on my next book.  I was supposed to write 5,000.  I am getting behind more and more on the challenge.  This could drive me to drink.  Now this week, I have to write 9,100 words to get back to where I should be for the month.  I tell you what, this could drive a person to drink.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...