Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Day 320: Failing at Resting


I behaved badly over the weekend.  I didn't rest half as much as I should.  I also stood on my feet way to long.  Yesterday, I suffered for it.  My hips and legs hurt all day long.  My energy was close to nonexistent.  I took the day off.  I watched television and crocheted.  Of course, my husband always looks at me funny when I take a day off.

I hate the pain.  Obviously.  I want to be doing all sorts of things.  I want to travel.  I want to spend time with people.  So, even though I knew it was a bad idea, I agreed to meet my sister in Livingston on Monday after a quick trip to Libby and back Saturday and Sunday.  Yep, a glutton for punishment.  No wonder I was a mess yesterday, and I am not much better today.

So what does a day off look like?  I wrote the morning pages and blog.  I wrote a 3,000+ talk for a retreat.  I did dishes.  I made the bed.  I cleaned the litter box and took the garbage out.  I ran into town twice.  I crocheted.  I counted the offering at the church.  As I said, Jerry shook his head in wonder.  I don't take days off very well.  I should have done the two trips into town and that was it.  Oh well.

So, today, I am still achy and in pain more then normal.  Will I rest?  No.  I need to get a short and long synopsis written.  I need to edit the talk.  I need to write 2,000 words, or at least 1,000 for a win.  I need to read for my Bible study group tonight.  If all of this goes well, I will work on the rest of my cover.  Oh, I am also going to attempt a walk though the hips are not good.  The poor dog needs to get out.  The saying goes, there is no rest for the wicked.  Man, I must be super wicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...