Friday, October 18, 2019

Day 364: Insurance Fun, Not


The week has been a little entertaining on the medical front.  On Monday, the out of state pharmacy I have to use for my Humira called.  My prescription ran out which was odd since they contacted me the week before to set up a delivery date of this Wednesday.  I called the doctor's office and they in turn set up my new script.  My medicine didn't come on Wednesday.  Hum, I only have one shot left.

I called yesterday.  Now they are waiting on the insurance company to okay the expense.  I have no idea when my medicine will come.  I was supposed to take my shot last night.  Since I fly to my conference next Thursday, I am concerned.  I need the meds to keep the inflammation under a manageable control.

Instead of taking the shot, I am saving it for next week.  Already, my fingers are beginning to ache.  My hip hurt a little more than normal last night.  This week could potential be a bit of a wild ride.  I know I am blessed that eventually the insurance will approve the medicine, but geez, what a pain, literally, to have the meds delayed.  I may become a shareholder in Tylenol Arthritis Pain Reliever.  I am going to try to remember to pray more for those who have no medical help.  I can't even imagine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...