Saturday, October 12, 2019

Day 358: Hoping for York




City Gate of York



I don’t even know how often I think of England.  I think of how much I loved Glastonbury and the Abbey.  I didn’t get to go up to the Tor or see the burial place of Joseph of Arimathea.  I think of York and all the places I didn’t get to explore.  I think of all the history I want to dive into about York and Leeds, the place of my ancestors.  I am pretty obsessed with England.

I have watched many of the British shows on Netflix: Doctor Who, Happy Valley, Call The Midwife, Broadchurch, and more.  I just finished Downton Abbey.  My last book I read was called Avalon set in the Glastonbury area.  I am obsessed.

I hope to go back to York.  I hope to spend a month in the area while taking some side trips to Lancaster and Glastonbury.  
Glastonbury Abbey

Okay, really the side trip list is a lot longer, but I would be studying the places of King Arthur and the War of the Roses.  
White Rose on Bridge

White Rose
House of York

Also, there is a lot of legend about Jesus, Mary, and Joseph of Arimathea I would love to dive into.  Yes, I have to add Sherwood Forest and Shakespeare.

Hoping is not a strategy.  What is my strategy? I ordered two new books: The War of the Roses (nonfiction) and Mary, Queen of Scotland and the Isles (fiction).  In my free time, I will read an old book, The Plantagenets, and continue with War of the Roses.  I started the Mary book already.  I will continue to self teach myself all about England.  But what about going back?

Well, money is an issue.  Also, I am still raising my youngest.  I have dreamed of going to Italy with my husband and this trip comes before England.  My strategy is to be patient.  Once Madelle is graduated and Jerry and I have taken our trip to Italy, I will start the research and saving money.  My goal is York, England for a month no later then 2025.  This will give me time to hopefully finish a lot of my writing projects that I have in my head, so when I do make it to York, I will have room for more projects.  Kind of exciting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...