Friday, October 25, 2019

Vacation Attraction


If you could build your own vacation resort, what is one attraction you would definitely include?



Funny question.  A couple of weeks ago, I saw that in St. Regis the old school is for sale.  I always think of what fun I would have redoing such a building.  I think they would make a great apartment building or maybe even a hotel.  But, why not a vacation resort?  Well, for one, I am not sure how much St. Regis is a destination.  Also, the building is in the middle of town.  In Montana, I would prefer lodging to be at a lake or river.  However, lets play with the idea of a vacation resort in the small little town of St. Regis.  I am sure they could use the tourist dollars.

The obvious is to connect with outfitters to have guided fishing and hunting expeditions.  Hiking and mountain biking, skiing and snowmobiling are also fun outdoorsy things to do in the area.  Yet, this type of attraction can be found all over the state.  I would need something unique.

Doing a little research, I found I could do novelty attractions, but I am sure more land would be needed.  Also, water parks, theme parks, zoos, and such would be out as well.  So, what else could draw people to a small little town?

Maybe an intimate setting with musicians, artists, authors and such.  An apartment could be set up for the “star” to stay in while in residence.  The gym could be turned into a changing studio, stage area.  Hum, I kind of like this idea.  For a week, music could be the theme with people coming through giving evening concerts and classes during the day.  Artists and writers could also use the facility for the same purpose.  Oh, I think this is a splendid idea.  I don’t know if it has merit, but it would be fun to try.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...